How the auction will work:
- The auction site is 32auctions.com/ggas. Bidding will open on May 17, 2020 and will continue through June 1, 2020.
- To bid, you’ll be prompted to create a free account with 32Auctions.
- You can either bid a fixed amount or by “proxy,” in which 32Auctions automatically raises your bid such that it is the lowest possible winning bid, up to your maximum bid amount. Learn more here: https://www.32auctions.com/
- We accept payment via PayPal or check.
- The winning bidder will be contacted at the end of the auction to submit payment via PayPal or check and to work out any logistical details.
- Below are just quick summaries! View full details and photos of all of our listed items here: 32auctions.com/ggas. More items will be added as we get closer to May.
South Lake Tahoe Weekends
Summer in Lake Tahoe is perfect for enjoying the birds, hiking, relaxing on the beach, paddle boarding, or other water activities. We are offering TWO separate weekend vacations there — a stay in a cozy 290-square-foot studio with two plush queen beds, and a 600-square-foot one-bedroom that can accommodate two couples or a family of four. These are two separate auction items: Choose the one that’s best for you!
Southern African Evening
Can’t manage an African safari this year? Experience the highlights without leaving the Bay Area, with a travel-themed dinner and slideshow by Bob Lewis and Eric Schroeder. Enjoy a multi-course Southern African dinner for six people, including wine, followed by a wildlife slideshow based on Eric and Bob’s travels in Southern Africa. The dinner will take place at Bob’s home in Berkeley on a date to be determined between June and September by hosts and guests.
Two Nights at the Pt. Cabrillo Lighthouse and Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens Visit
Mendocino is a wonderful birding and vacation destination! The Point Cabrillo Lighthouse Foundation has generously donated a two-night stay in one of their cottages, which are a short walk to the lighthouse. Originally used for storage by the light keepers, the cottages were restored in 2006 as comfy one-bedroom vacation rentals with magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean.
This item includes two guest passes to the wonderful Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens in Fort Bragg! Known for their rhododendrons, perennials and heaths and heathers, the gardens are also a terrific birding spot, with over 150 species sighted there. Red-throated Loons are summer residents, and Ospreys, hawks, plovers and sandpipers are found year-round. Look carefully and you might spot an Ash-throated Flycatcher, a Savannah Sparrow, a Pileated Woodpecker, or a Red-breasted Nuthatch. (Aerial photo by Mark Jones.)
You can also take advantage of hiking trails in the surrounding 300-acre State Historic Park, and pelagic birding trips from nearby Noyo Harbor. Item is limited to weeknights and no holidays; these nights can be combined with additional nights for purchase.
Bird Scrabble Art
If you spell it, they will come. This art piece by Audubon member Daryl Goldman combines images of birds with their names spelled out in vintage Scrabble tiles. It’s perfect for those of you who love both birds and words! Daryl made it entirely from re-purposed materials, including a 1954 Travel Scrabble Edition set.
Birding By Air
Fly with Scott Young in a Cirrus SR 20 and experience a bird’s eye view of some of the Bay area’s best birding spots! Possible destinations may be the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, Don Edwards National Wildlife Refuge, San Pablo Bay, Napa Valley, or a nearby inland destination of your choice! Flight lasts about one hour: Maximum capacity is two adults.