Birdathon 2020 is here!
Join Golden Gate Audubon Society in our annual spring fundraiser, Birdathon! Don’t miss this opportunity to experience unique trips across the Bay Area, protect the birds you love, and spread the word to friends and family about the vital work we do. In light of unprecedented climate change, your financial support is more important than ever for Bay Area birds and wildlife.
At the heart of Birdathon are our special behind-the-scenes and one-of-a-kind field trips, running from late March through early May. Choose from over 20 tantalizing options, and know that your contribution will help Bay Area birds. Click HERE to see the full list of trips! But Birdathon is more than just trips…
- Become a Birdathon fundraiser! By asking friends and family to sponsor you, like in a walkathon, you multiply the impact of your support for Bay Area birds. Click HERE for fundraising tips, and then here to create your own personal fundraising page that will make it easy for people to sponsor you.
- Win a prize! Top fundraisers are eligible for fabulous prizes like overnight stays in great birding locations. Everyone who raises/donates $500 or more gets free admission to the Birdathon Garden Party. We also have a special prize for the top first-time Birdathon fundraiser… give it a try!
- Bid for once-in-a-lifetime nature experiences and prizes in our online auction, which runs from May 17 through June 1.
- Attend the Birdathon 2020 Garden Party & Awards Celebration on May 31. A fun afternoon of music, boutique wines and appetizers, birding friends, and entertainment in a stunning, private Oakland Hills setting.
- New! Young Birders Contest. If you’re under 18, join this new Birdathon contest and create your own Big Day. Young birders who spot the most birds and raise the most money will win a birding-by-boat trip.
Order your Birdathon 2020 T-shirt
Click HERE for our Spreadshirt store to order a t-shirt, tote bag, or other gear with our Birdathon 2020 logo by artist Leslie Laurien.
Links to Related Pages
List of Birdathon Fundraisers (Participants)—find your page or a friend’s page
Birdathon 2020 Corporate Sponsors
Thank you to our corporate sponsors for their generous support of Bay Area wildlife through Birdathon.
Golden Gate Audubon engages people to experience the wonder of birds and translate that wonder into action; and protect native bird populations and their habitats. We have played leadership roles in the preservation of Arrowhead Marsh in Oakland and Audubon Canyon Ranch in Bolinas, protection of raptors at the Altamont Pass wind farm, and are currently working to protect endangered California Least Terns, threatened Snowy Plovers and many other Bay Area birds. Our Eco-Education program introduces 700 low-income elementary school students and their families to wildlife and ecosystems each year. As always, your donations and fundraising for this year’s Birdathon will guarantee funding for continued programs to protect Bay Area birds and wildlife in 2020 and beyond.