Join us for our fun-filled Birdathon 2017 Awards Celebration, from 3 to 6 p.m. on Saturday May 13th. Mingle with birding friends, share Birdathon stories, and enjoy boutique wines and gourmet appetizers at a stunning Oakland Hills home surrounded by dramatic views of Chabot Regional Park. And of course find out the grand prize winners of Birdathon 2017!
Registration is now closed for the 2017 Celebration. Missed the deadline and want to come anyway? Email Ilana at email@example.com. We may be able to fit you in. 🙂
- Meet live raptors from Native Bird Connections. (Rehabiltated birds that are part of their educational program.)
- View bird prints by local artist Rigel Stuhmiller and bird crafts by Bess Perry of Bird Vs Bird.
- Wide selection of gourmet appetizers – NOT a sit-down dinner (more time to socialize!)
- Live music.
- Door prizes.
- Slide show of highlights from this year’s exciting Birdathon trips.
- Presentation of our 2017 Elsie Roemer Conservation Award and 2017 Paul Covel Environmental Education Award.
You have the option of supporting GGAS at a level of your choice, with celebration ticket prices ranging from $35 through $500. Ticket payments above $25 are considered a tax-deductible donation to Golden Gate Audubon.
Fledgling (under age 21) – $20
Great Horned Owl – $35 (you are GREAT for supporting Birdathon!)
Passionate Plover – $50
Outstanding Oystercatcher – $100
Marvelous Merganser – $250
Awesome Osprey – $500
Birdathon trip participants who raise/donate $500 or more receive complimentary admission to the Celebration. (Two free tickets if you raise $1000!) Please sign up online and check the “complimentary” ticket price.
All attendees will enjoy the same great food, wine, and entertainment at the Celebration. But the higher ticket categories provide the satisfaction of knowing you have flown the extra mile to support Bay Area birds and Golden Gate Audubon!
Please sign up by May 1st so we can plan for the right number of people.
Photos of Birdathon Awards Celebration 2016 by Ilana DeBare..