Join Golden Gate Audubon Society in our annual spring fundraiser, Birdathon! Don’t miss this opportunity to experience unique trips across the Bay Area, protect the birds you love, and spread the word to friends and family about the vital work we do. In light of unprecedented climate change, your financial support is more important than ever for Bay Area birds and wildlife.
At the heart of Birdathon are our special behind-the-scenes and one-of-a-kind field trips, running from late March through early May. Choose from two dozen tantalizing options, and know that your contribution will help Bay Area birds. Click HERE to see the full list of trips! But Birdathon is more than just trips…
- Become a Birdathon fundraiser! By asking friends and family to sponsor you, like in a walkathon, you multiply the impact of your support for Bay Area birds. Click HERE for fundraising tips, and then here to create your own personal fundraising page that will make it easy for people to sponsor you.
- Win a prize! Top fundraisers are eligible for fabulous prizes like overnight stays in great birding locations. Everyone who raises/donates $500 or more gets free admission to the Birdathon Garden Party. We also have a special prize for the top first-time Birdathon fundraiser… give it a try!
- Bid for once-in-a-lifetime nature experiences and prizes in our online auction, which runs from May 17 through June 1.
- Attend the Birdathon 2020 Garden Party & Awards Celebration on May 31. A fun afternoon of music, boutique wines and appetizers, live rehabilitated raptors, and a display of bird art with the artist Rene Reyes in a stunning, private Oakland Hills setting.
- New! Young Birders Contest. If you’re under 18, join this new Birdathon contest and create your own Big Day. Young birders who spot the most birds and raise the most money will win a birding-by-boat trips.
Links to Related Pages
List of Birdathon Fundraisers (Participants)—find your page or a friend’s page