BY REGISTERING FOR OUR CLASSES, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE TERMS OF GGAS’S COVID-19 WAIVER OF LIABILITY. WAIVER IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
Waterbirds and Shorebirds in Winter, Maureen Lahiff, 4 Zoom presentations, Wednesdays Jan 13, 20 and Feb 3, 10, 7 to 9 pm, with detailed suggestions for individual field observations.
In autumn and winter, the Bay Area’s astounding array of resident shore and water birds are joined by over half a million birds who have bred in the north. This class will assist beginners and advanced beginners in sharpening their ID skills. Learning about what the birds eat, how they feed and their travel patterns will enhance your appreciation and your ID of both our residents and our winter visitors.
Detailed information to prepare participants for their own field observations will be provided.
Maximum 75 participants
$100 members, $135 non-members
GGAS’S COVID-19 WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In consideration of the opportunity to participate with Golden Gate Audubon Society (GGAS), I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following terms, conditions and required code of conduct (the Agreement) on behalf of myself and on behalf of any child or ward of whom I am a guardian or parent:
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT REGARDING COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact, by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease while symptomatic or asymptomatic. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is limited availability or no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness, including potentially life-long medical conditions the individual did not previously have or worsening of chronic medical conditions the individual has. Contracting COVID-19 can also lead to the death of the individual that contracts COVID-19. GGAS cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating or volunteering on behalf of GGAS. It is not possible to prevent the presence of COVID- 19. Therefore, if you choose to participate, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. I hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself, or if I am a parent or guardian, I assume and accept that my child or ward may contract COVID-19, when participating in GGAS activities. Participating or volunteering at GGAS is of such value to me that I accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to participate or in order for my child or ward to participate. I acknowledge the risk of contracting the virus that causes Covid-19 that is associated with participating. I hereby acknowledge that participating is done with full knowledge and disclosure of the risks and dangers associated with such activities.
- COMPLIANCE WITH GGAS GUIDANCE. I agree to comply with any rules regarding participating or participating in general and specific to COVID-19, including, but not limited to, the additional rules noted below. I acknowledge that it is a participant’s or guardian’s responsibility to consult with a physician before participating. I represent and warrant that I or those I am a guardian or parent for are sufficiently healthy and physically able to participate and engage in physical activities associated, which are described, in part, in this waiver. Neither I nor my child or ward will participate in a GGAS activity for a period of fourteen (14) days from the earlier of onset of COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosis if I, they, or someone in my home is sick or has been exposed to someone who is sick.
- WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/LIABILITY: I hereby forever release and waive my right to bring suit against GGAS and its past and present owners, officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, field trip leaders, volunteers, or other representatives in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to my participating with GGAS or related to my child or ward’s participating with GGAS. I further hereby forever release and waive my right to bring suit against any and all GGAS vendors that are providing services or goods to GGAS in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to my participating at GGAS or my child or ward’s participating at GGAS (collectively) all parties released in this paragraph, the (Releasees). I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claim I or my child or ward may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability bind my family members, spouse, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and anyone else entitled to act on my behalf to the extent they act on my behalf, and is deemed as a release, waiver, discharge and covenant not to sue the organization.
- CHOICE OF LAW/FORUM/SEVERABILITY: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. If any term or provision of this Agreement or the application thereof to any party or circumstance is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, then the remaining terms and provisions and their application to other parties or circumstances will not be affected thereby and will be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by law. This Agreement is binding on and will inure to the benefit of the GGAS, the Releasees and their respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, excluding any conflict-of-laws rule or principle that might refer the governance or the construction of this Agreement to the laws of another jurisdiction. Any claim or cause of action arising under this Agreement may be brought only in the state courts located in Alameda County, California, and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand this GGAS Waiver of Liability 2020, as well as the rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and restrictions promulgated by GGAS. I knowingly and voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above. I freely and knowingly assume the risk and waive my rights concerning liability on behalf of myself and on behalf of my child or ward as described above.
COVID-19 CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Participants will not participate if they have a cough, temperature of more than 100 degrees, sore throat, shortness of breath, chills, unexplained muscle pain, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, headache, new loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, or any other symptom related to COVID-19. Note that the symptoms listed are those described by the CDC here, but do not include all possible symptoms:
- Participants agree to review all the then-currently listed symptoms at the above-linked website or other website maintained by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and will not participate if they have any of those symptoms then listed or described by the CDC.
- Participants shall wear masks at all times while participating.
- Participants shall not engage in unnecessary physical contact such as shaking hands, unless you are members of the same household.
- Participants shall comply with group conduct and maintain social distancing.
- Participants must maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another (other than family/household members).
- Participants will not share equipment unless they are members of the same household.
- Participants shall engage in frequent handwashing and/or should use hand sanitizer.
Please keep in mind requirements may be revised as the Counties modify their Health Orders. Participants will be notified if and when that happens. Please contact your instructor if you have any questions or concerns.