November 4 through December 6
FULL. Waitlist available.
In autumn, the Bay Area’s astounding array of resident shore and water birds are joined by over half a million birds who have bred in the north, some stopping to rest and refuel on their way further south, others coming to spend the winter here. This class will assist beginners and advanced beginners in sharpening their ID skills. Learning about what the birds eat, how they feed and their travel patterns will enhance your appreciation and your ID of both our residents and our winter visitors. Many locations in the Bay Area provide great opportunities to see these birds close up and study their behavior.
- Four Wednesday evening classes by Zoom, November 4, 11, 18 and December 2, 7 to 9 pm.
- Three three-hour weekend field trips Saturday or Sunday following class presentations, usually morning, but timed with the tides, with possibly a longer day trip the weekend of December 5-6
- Instructor: Maureen Lahiff
- Limited to 16 participants
- $85 for GGAS members, $120 for non-members
- Registration opens on September 1st at 10 am. Once the class is full, you may register to be on a waiting list.
- You can register by clicking here.