This class is FULL. You may register to be on a waiting list.
Autumn is a great time to start slow and learn some of our local bird sounds. This class will introduce you to 20 common birds found in the East Bay in fall. We will cover a wide variety of techniques used for learning bird sounds, as well as prepare and review bird sounds we might expect on each location. Field trip will focus on all the bird sounds we hear as well visual important visual comparisons.
This 6-week course will take place between September 30 and November 13, with a possible week off in the middle to the instructor’s need to travel for a special family celebration that is still being planned. Due to the interactive nature of this course, class presentations will not be recorded.
Please visit the instructor’s website for more information: denisewightbirds.com/
- Six Thursday evening classes by Zoom, between September 30 and November 11— from 7 to 8:30 pm.
- Six Saturday morning field trips, 2 days after the lecture—from 8 to 11 a.m.
- Lectures are via Zoom. Field trip locations will be announced on the instructor’s website.
- Limited to 20 participants
- $150 for GGAS members, $175 for non-members
Once the class is full, you may sign up to be on a waiting list.