FULL. Waitlist available.
September 24 to October 18
Fall is an avian wonder in the bay area. The bay area sits in the Pacific flyway; many migrating birds flying south for the winter pass through. This class will introduce you to some of these migrants, both visual field marks and their songs and calls. Of course we will also include our large and diverse resident bird population. We will also introduce you to the miracles of avian physiology in small, focused vignettes.
This class welcomes both beginning and intermediate birders. and those who want to hone up on their bird identification skills.
- Four Thursday evening classes by Zoom, September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 6:30 to 8 pm
- Four weekend field trips (if possible), mostly Saturday but some weekends Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Instructors: Wendy Beers and Miya Lucas
- Limited to 16 participants
- $85 for GGAS members, $120 for non-members
- Registration opens on September 1st at 2 pm. Once the class is full, you may register to be on a waiting list.
- You can register by clicking here.